We are one of The Denver Posts Top Places to Work for 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020.
For more information click here
To apply for one of our current employment opportunities please fill out the application form below.
Current Job Openings
Current Positions Available:
HVAC Parts Counter Sales
Requires: This positon requires the minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent. Experience in the HVAC industry or industrial parts sales is preferred. Five years in the industry is a minimum requirement. Basic computer skills and knowledge of the Microsoft Office products needed. Good Customer Relations is a must for this position. Part of what we do is greet every customer as they enter the facility, process orders, and develop relationships with the service technicians. We process will call orders, answer technical questions and create price and availability quotations. We clear and clean shelves periodically, create displays seasonally and ensure building cleanliness. We re-stock shelves and assist in stocking incoming product. We support increased personal technical training to increase product knowledge.
This position is full time, Monday through Friday
Location: 4800 Osage Street, Denver, Co 80221 and 8465 Concord Center Dr, Englewood, CO 80112
Residential Territory Manager
Requirements: The right candidate will have a high school diploma or equivalent AND 3-5 years of productive sales experience in the HVAC Industry, a college degree is preferred and a driver’s license required. You will also have knowledge of computer programs, including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, PowerPoint, SAP and CRM, excellent written and verbal communication skills, good listening skills, and strong interpersonal, customer service and organizational skills. You will need to be able to build strong relationships and have strategic selling skills with demonstrated and proven selling ability. You will need the ability to interpret and forecast changes in customers’ buying patterns and product requirements, to function autonomously or as a team player, to identify market dynamics and quickly define and implement well-devised competitive practices campaign, to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, profit margins, unit conversions, percentages, area and volume. You will need to be self-motivated and have the ability to give presentations in front of various groups and to communicate with all levels of the organization. You must have the ability to perform with superior service, reflecting a positive company image while sustaining a positive attitude with those you interact with; always going above and beyond to help others out, regardless of their position or department. Last, but not least, you must have the ability to adhere to the highest standards of quality while continually performing at the highest possible level.
Responsibilities: Responsible for implementing sales and account strategies as set out by management; cultivating long-term relationships with key account decision makers; delivering professional sales presentations; soliciting new customers/contractors to increase demand for products; carrying out sales objectives; working closely with local manufacturing reps to identify, target and call on key players; maintaining sales reports and forecasts; tracking expenses and updating CRM.
Location: 4800 Osage Street, Denver, CO 80221
Requirements: Must be 18 years of age, High School Diploma / GED equivalent, basic math and computer skills, successful completion of drug screen, ability to work safely, ability to read, write and speak English, and warehouse and forklift experience preferred. Also requires the ability to perform all required procedures and documentation in a safe and efficient manner to maintain the highest quality product for our customers, the ability to learn inventory and tracking systems, a mechanical ability and understanding is required to grasp general warehouse equipment (loaders, etc.), to maintain performance expectations with respect to Key Performance Indicators, accurately and efficiently load product onto trucks, communicate to operations to maintain product flow and prevent distribution disruptions, maintain housekeeping and safety compliance, inspection ready at all times and report all safety concerns immediately to supervisor.
Location: 8465 Concord Center Drive, Englewood, CO 80112
Credit and A/R Representative/Cash Application Specialist
Knowledge: General billing, taxing, accounts receivable and collections procedures, along with basic credit analysis skills, strong attention to detail, goal oriented, problem solving and negotiation skills, commitment to excellent customer service, with above average written and verbal communication abilities, ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities in a fact paced environment, able to maintain composure in high pressure situations, cash application and cash handling experience, recording money received, reconciliation competencies, and the ability to present numerical data effectively
Key Responsibilities & Essential Functions:
- Accountable for reducing delinquency, create payment timetables with past due customers
- Daily collection calls and/or correspondence in a fast paced goal oriented Accounts Receivable (A/R) department
- Identify when delinquent accounts need to be called based on terms of sale, call promptly once an account is past due. Follow up frequently for payment commitments. Provide detailed information within the on-line credit notes
- Identify when an account needs to be placed on credit hold restrictions of varying degree
- Recognize and take steps to maintain and protect lien rights
- Enlist the efforts of sales and management when necessary to accelerate the collection process
- Analyze credit risk of potential and existing customers, recommend credit terms and associated credit limits to direct supervisor
- Request, review and analyze associated reports from various sources
- Set up approved customers within our software system according to guidelines set forth
- Review orders on credit hold for approval/denial
- Monitor credit department email inbox
- Review and set up job accounts within our software systems according to guidelines set forth
- Respond to general internal/external inquiries
- Provide customer service regarding collection issues and/or account balances
- Reconcile and/or report customer disputes as they pertain to payment of balances
- Process customer refunds
- Process and review account adjustments
- Handle requests for documentation and conduct associated research
- Review customer taxability
- Provide considerate, competent customer service oriented communication to internal and external customers
- Must communicate and follow up effectively with sales and other departments regarding customer accounts on a timely basis
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperating working relationships
- Frequent reporting and communication of issues to direct supervisor
- Retrieve all remittances from mail, email and web portals, apply all daily cash receipts to outstanding customer accounts receivable
- Provide customer service regarding discrepancies created during the cash receipts process
- Communicate with internal and/or external customers to identify reasons for overpayments or deductions. Provide detailed information within the on-line credit notes
- Responsible for discrepancy resolution including contacting customers for payment
- Process customer refunds
- Review and handle account adjustments
- Participate in team planning, team meetings
- Meet defined department goals and activity metrics, work as a team with sales, customers, other departments to increase sales, accelerate cash inflow and reduce credit risk
- Perform other assigned tasks and duties necessary to support the A/R department
This is a full time position, Monday – Friday
Location: 4800 Osage Street, Denver, CO 80221
Call Center Sales Associate
Essential Skills and Attributes:
Must be 18 years of age, have High School Diploma / GED equivalent, understand basic math and computer skills, and successful completion of post-offer drug screen.
A Call Center Associate services our existing customer base by managing incoming telephone calls, managing walk in traffic, offering billing solutions, handling price concerns and objections and reviewing product offering. They increase existing customer’s business with Carrier West by reviewing customer pricing policy, reviewing product mix, asking for more business and review customer service level from Carrier West. They process orders via phone, email, online ordering, fax, etc., and ensure timely and accurate responses to the customer’s requests along with reviewing open orders daily and ensuring fulfillments. Call Center Associates also follow up on customer inquiries and quotes. They handle account management and call assigned cash customers as scheduled. They develop business relationships with the customers, investigate, and fulfill customers current and future business needs. They follow promotional outlines and include specials or events. Call Center Associates also handle miscellaneous duties as assigned such as office and clerical needs and office appearance.
Location: Denver, Englewood, Johnstown and Colorado Springs
This is a full time position, Monday through Friday.
Lohmiller & Company offers:
·Benefits package including: Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
·Paid Vacation and Holidays
Lohmiller & Company is a drug-free workplace. We require a pre-employment drug screen and background check. Lohmiller & Company is an equal opportunity employer. Lohmiller & Company is committed in all areas to providing a work environment that is free from harassment.
Please fill out the application form below